Dizziness is something we have all felt at some point in life. From not drinking enough water, to standing up too fast, it is something that is unpleasant in the moment. However, sometimes dizziness can be due to something more serious, and require treatment by your doctor, or Physical Therapist.
If you begin to start feeling dizzy, follow theses Do’s and Don’ts, and contact your doctor to rule out anything more serious.
- Lie down until the dizziness passes, and then slowly get back up.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid caffeine and soft drinks.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Move slowly and carefully.
- Do not bend over suddenly.
- Avoid getting up quickly from lying down.
- Do not do anything dangerous while dizzy. This involves avoiding driving, and activities such as climbing a ladder, or operating heavy machinery.
- Do not lie completely flat if you feel a spinning sensation.