The American Institute of Balance provides a quiz for people to take and asses their own dizziness and balance. Take the quiz below to see if you would benefit from treatment to improve your symptoms.
- A feeling of motion, spinning or falling when moving your head quickly or changing your position? (Ex. Getting in and out of bed)
- Uncomfortable trying to get around in the dark?
- Walking down the grocery store aisles or through the mall is upsetting?
- Your feet just won’t go where you want them to?
- A sense of unsteadiness? A feeling you are not surefooted?
- A fear of falling or stumbling?
- Looking at moving objects such as escalators or looking out the side window of a car makes you queasy?
- Difficulty keeping your balance as you walk on different surfaces? (Ex. Tile to carpet)
- A feeling like you are drifting or being pulled to one side when walking?
- No one really understands how frustrating this is?
The American Institute of Balance recommends that if you answered yes to 2 or more of the above questions, it is imperative that you make an appointment with your provider. You can go directly to Physical Therapy by scheduling your evaluation at Fyzical. Call us on (240) 361-9000 to schedule your appointment today.