Falls happen to everybody. However as we age and develop other problems, such as sore knees, or a bad back, it can become harder to get back up from a fall. Below are steps to take to get back on your feet safely:
- If you find that you have fallen on the ground, first look for a chair or another sturdy piece of furniture that is close by.
- However you land on the floor, try to roll onto your side and use your arm to push your upper body off the floor.
- Once you are on your knees, crawl over to a chair, or supportive piece of furniture.
- Place both hands on the chair and place one foot on the floor
- Push up on the chair to bring your other leg underneath you
- As you rise, turn your body to sit in the chair.
- Sit for a few minutes before trying to do anything else.
- Call for someone else in the house, or 911 if you are hurt