Have you recently been diagnosed with vestibular migraines? Then you may be wondering what happens next. Luckily, there are ways to manage your condition.
- Determine what your triggers are
- High stress levels, certain foods, and a lack of sleep are common triggers for vestibular migraines
- Take supplements
- There is evidence that magnesium and riboflavin can help reduce the frequency and intensity of migraines
- Take over the counter prescription drugs to reduce pain, or prevent headaches
- Talk to your doctor about what medications are right for you
- Attend Physical Therapy with a vestibular specialist
Vestibular rehabilitation is a specialty within the Physical Therapy field. During PT, an individualized exercise based program will be developed. This will help to reduce any dizziness, and improve your balance. By improving the strength and ability of the vestibular system, you are more apt to handle vestibular migraines.
Call us at (240) 361-9000, to schedule an appointment today.