If you are feeling concerned about doing your Physical Therapy at a clinic, or are worried about driving in the winter weather, then telehealth would be a great option for you.
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth is a way of attending your medical appointments without needing to leave the safety of your home. It is an option that has become very popular since the beginning of the pandemic in March, and most insurances are covering telehealth visits.
How Does it Work?
If it is your first visit, one of our front desk associates will send you a video link for Zoom to video conference. When it comes to your appointment time, you will follow the link in the email and log onto zoom. From here, one of our Physical Therapists will be waiting to begin the session.
What Will We Do in Therapy?
If it is your first visit, it will be as if you were in the clinic in person. You will discuss your symptoms and concerns and from here, a treatment plan will be determined. Following a comprehensive history and evaluation, your follow up sessions will include:
- Supervised Exercises
- To reduce dizziness, and improve balance
- To increase cardiovascular endurance
- For strengthening specific muscle groups
- To improve range of motions
- To address the causes of impairments
- How to treat/improve symptoms
- To discuss your plan of care
- To address any home safety concerns
- Home exercise programs
- Exercises to perform in between sessions to maintain strength, balance and endurance
If you are a new, or existing patient and would like to schedule a virtual appointment today, call our office at (240) 361-9000.