A simple option to treat snoring and mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea.
Snoring. There’s nothing good about it. Chronic snoring disrupts sleep patterns and prevents a good night’s rest. It damages relationships. Snoring often is a factor in a more serious condition called obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), which has been linked to health issues such as high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes and heart disease.
Everyone snores occasionally, but chronic snoring may have serious health and relationship consequences. One in four Americans has a problem with chronic snoring. If you’re one of the millions of people whose life is disrupted by this condition, you’ve probably tried many ineffective remedies to help you stop snoring. Fortunately, there’s another option. The Pillar Procedure is a simple, safe and effective treatment that is designed to help you stop snoring and, in many cases, help people suffering from obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). It’s a relatively painless procedure that can be performed in a doctor’s office in about 20 minutes, using only local anesthetic. More than 30,000 people worldwide have been treated with the Pillar Procedure.
You and your bed partner could be on your way to a more restful night’s sleep with the Pillar Procedure.
Clinical studies of the Pillar Procedure have shown that:
* Patients experienced a significant decrease in snoring intensity.1,2
* Bed partner satisfaction with the reduction in snoring after the Pillar Procedure has been documented at 80% or higher.1,2
* Approximately 80% of patients demonstrated a reduction in their Apnea/Hypopnea Index (AHI), and results were sustained at one year after the Pillar Procedure.3
* Patients experienced less daytime sleepiness and significant improvements in lifestyle after the Pillar Procedure.4
The Pillar® System is indicated for use in a) the reduction of symptomatic, habitual or social snoring caused by a flutter of tissue in the soft palate, and/or b) upper airway obstruction in patients with mild to moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnea or “OSA”. The Pillar System is a minimally invasive implant that is used to stiffen the soft palate tissue to reduce the flutter that causes snoring and/or palatal obstruction of the upper airway.
1. Maurer JT, Verse T, Stuck BA, Hormann K, Hein G. Palatal Implants for Primary Snoring: Short-Term Results of a New Minimally Invasive Surgical Technique. Otolaryngology-HNS 2005 Jan; 132(1):125-31.
2. Maurer JT, Verse T, Stuck BA, Hormann K, Hein G. Long-Term Results of the Pillar Palatal Implant System for Primary Snoring. Otolaryngology-HNS 2005 Oct; 133(4):573-8.
3. Goessler UR, Hein G. Verste T, Stuck BA, Hormann K, Maurer JT. Soft palate implants as a minimally invasive treatment for mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea. Acta Otolaryngol. 2007 May; 127(5):527-31.
4. Data on file.